Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Looking for information like to whiten teeth, whitening toothpaste, home teeth whitening are not difficult anymore, especially with the help of Internet. Nowadays tooth discoloration has raised concerns to many people as it can affect their smile especially and their appearance generally. I don’t want to recommend you a product but let’s take a look on the root cause and what should you do.
What causes tooth change color?
There are two types of discoloration. One is intrinsic discoloration and the other on is extrinsic discoloration.
Extrinsic discoloration or external surface of the tooth that can change the color caused by:
- Bad level of oral hygiene practice.
- Taking food and beverages such as tea, coffee, red wine and cola.
- Tobacco Use
- Use of gargle materials containing chlorhexidine
- Eating or chewing betel
Intrinsic discoloration or tooth discoloration can be caused also by:
- Increasing age
- Tooth decay (caries)
- Teeth that have died due to trauma or damage
- Ethnicity factor
- Taking medications such as tetracycline during childhood
- Infection during tooth growth
What can you do?
- Practice good oral hygiene is optimal
- Avoid the use of tobacco, coffee and other beverages that can polish your teeth.
- Stop smoking
- Try using whitening toothpaste.
- Treatment by the dentist
Get a dental examination at the clinic. You may need treatment such as:
- Scaling and polishing
- Whiten teeth
- Patch using self-colored tooth patch
- Corona treatment